Monday, February 9, 2009

Sleepless on Sundays

Every Sunday night, I toss and I turn. It doesn't matter if I stayed up late on Friday or Saturday or went to bed early....or if I slept in that morning or got up early. I just can't turn off my brain on Sunday nights. Maybe it's from 48hours of minimum mental exertion; whatever the reason, it's annoying. Most times, I try to plan out the outfit I'll wear the next day, since that can save me about 5 minutes in the morning. And chances are good I will hit snooze one too many times if I don't fall asleep until 2 a.m.

Last night, I spent some time thinking about all the hare-brained inventions I'd love to patent one day. I've actually looked into it and boy, is that prohibitively expensive! I'd have to be rich off of one of my inventions before I could afford to patent one of my ideas...wait, what? I have 4 or 5 notions rattling around in this noggin' of mine that I really think could bring home the bacon. I already missed out on one - in my sophomore year of college, I made up a beer with "Cold Pak Technology" that kept a 40oz beer cold longer than any beer on the market. A year and a half later, Coors Lite came out with a product that was pretty much the same thing. (Coincidence that my advertising professor had connections to the beer industry? You tell me....) I don't think they make it any more, so maybe of all the ideas to miss out on, that was the one.

But if you ever happen to meet someone who works for Hanes/Fruit of the Loom...or RCA, or the Cape Cod Beach Chair Company...maybe you could let them know I have an idea that will knock their socks off! In the meantime, I'll just be lying awake on Sunday nights, thinking of more crazy products to improve the world....and wondering if the sweater I want to wear on Monday is clean.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can never sleep on sundays either! -peachy princess (not princess peach ;-) )