Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I miss recess.

It is disturbingly beautiful outside right now. Disturbing because it shouldn't be 68 degrees in DC three days before Valentine's Day. But still - beautiful! I want to take a walk, or go play soccer in a park, or just find a bench and read a book.

Alas, such is the life of a Dilbert-esque adult. I am fortunate enough to be in an office with a window. Until I was hoisted up a rung on the corporate ladder a few months ago, I sat in the middle of a hallway - at least I didn't have to deal with a cubicle and those gray, fuzzy Office Space walls. Still, said window doesn't open so I am just looking out at the world and lusting for a breeze.

I wish there was such a thing as office recess. If I was a partner in a company, I'd send an email like this:

To: All Employees
RE: Seize the Day!

In case you were not aware, the weather outside is divine. Please stop what you are doing and take 45 minutes to walk around and breathe fresh air. Hula hoops and playground balls are available at the receptionist's desk.

Thanks,
The Partners


This office could really benefit from a four-square championship. I'm a little rusty, but I bet it's just like riding a bike. Oh - what a great day for a bike ride, too!

No comments: